Friday, June 13, 2014

Grilled Halibut Tacos


It is officially summer in my household. School's out and I'm so relieved. This school year was a tough one, no doubt and now I get to focus all my attention on the most important thing to me, my family. I get to plan our warm summer days with trips to the beach, play dates at the park, daily swimming and bike riding, baseball and tennis, picnics, more swimming, movies on the beach and just lounging around with nothing to do. I'm so excited and in addition to hanging out with my two favorite boys, I also get back into the kitchen to prepare some amazing food for my friends and family. Summer is awesome food-wise with tons of fresh summer fruit and veggies and lots and lots of grilling. To kick off the summer right, here are some easy grilled halibut tacos that you can throw together without heating up your kitchen. A super easy summer meal that's highlighted with fresh ingredients like the mini radishes right from my garden and this amazing homemade salsa courtesy of my dear friend Paul. Fire up the grill and give these delicious tacos a try. Enjoy!


Grilled Halibut Tacos
Serves 4

2 halibut fillets, marinated and grilled
cabbage, shredded
radishes, sliced
Homemade salsa, (Nana's Salsa)
cilantro
lime wedges
spicy sour cream (1/2 cup sour cream, 1/2 tsp cayenne, 1T taco mix)
8 corn tortillas

Prepare Nana's Salsa and all fruit and vegetables. 

Marinate your halibut fillets in your favorite marinade for 30 minutes. I admit...I cheated and didn't make my own marinade for these tacos. I did say these were easy, so easy equals ready-made marinade. :) I used McCormick Grill Mate's Baja Citrus Marinade. It's super delicious and perfect for these tacos but feel free to use your favorite marinade instead.

Most fish tacos come with a cream sauce but I like my tacos a little spicy. So instead, I spiced up some sour cream with cayenne and a small amount of taco mix. (easy, right?) Adjust to taste. 

Grill or pan fry your marinated halibut. Heat up your corn tortillas and assemble these delicious tacos. If you'd like more heat, try adding some Pickled Jalapenos and Radishes as well. Enjoy!


Other dishes to try:
Vegetable Ceviche
Rice Veracruz

No comments:

Post a Comment