Sunday, June 28, 2015

Miso Cod on Garlic Roasted Bok Choy with Tangerine Butter

This amazing dish was the follow-up meal to my Red Quinoa and Veggies Spring Rolls from last weekend when my kiddos were away camping. Funny, it seems so long ago now, especially since I haven't been able to get back into the kitchen since they got home. I'm not blaming them for my absence from the kitchen. Rather, I'm taking a slow approach to summer using this first full week to hang out with my kids. We went to the movies, the park, a few days of swimming, a play date, a birthday party, and a whole lot of doing nothing. But mostly, if I were honest, I've been waiting for a little summer inspiration and it finally came today in the form of Corn Cakes. I found a new recipe that I'm dying to try from a new App called, All the Cooks. I just joined on my phone and it's a really cool app. It's a cooking platform for home cooks to share their recipes and then others can make the recipes and post snapshots of their attempt at the recipe. So far I haven't made or shared anything yet. But I definitely found a promising recipe that will kick off this year's summer vegetable...Corn!
Each summer, I showcase a summer vegetable. Last year it was zucchini. The year before tomatoes. This year I have 3-4 corn recipes to share that are absolutely perfect for summer. 
In the meantime, as I prepare these amazing corn dishes, enjoy this easy Miso marinated Cod over Garlic Roasted Bok Choy. 



Miso-Marinated Cod over Garlic Roasted Bok Choy with Tangerine Butter
(marinade recipe from foodgal.com )

4 cod fillets
1/4 cup sake
1/4 cup mirrin or vodka
3 T white miso paste
1 T sugar
2 T toasted sesame oil

3 Bok Choy, quartered
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 T olive oil
2 T unsalted butter, melted
zest/1 tsp of tangerine juice
Garnish: sliced green onions and/or sesame seeds

Heat sake and mirrin in a small sauce pan until boiling and boil for 2 minutes and remove from heat.  Add miso, sugar, and sesame oil until melted and combined. Let marinade cool. In a ziplok bag add marinade and fish and marinate over night in the refrigerator.  

 
Mince garlic and add olive oil. Let sit for a 15 minutes.  
Line roasting pan with the quartered Bok Choy and baste the bok choy with garlic infused oil. Roast in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes. Not too long, I like it crunchy. :)

Melt butter and add Tangerine juice and zest. Set aside.

Pan fry or grill fish over medium-high heat about 4-5 minutes on each side.
Serve Cod over Roasted Bok Choy and then drizzle melted tangerine butter over the fish and Bok Choy. Enjoy!
I forgot to add sesame seeds before. Delicious!

Other recipes to try:
Red Curry Tilapia with Vegetables     Shrimp Poboy Lettuce Wraps                 Grilled Halibut Tacos

No comments:

Post a Comment