Saturday, October 19, 2019

Easy Halloween Kabobs

I'm on a roll with easy Halloween appetizers. Yesterday, I posted an easy recipe idea for Witchy Finger Food (Blistered Shishito Peppers with Sesame Soy Sauce) and today, these simple and festive Halloween Kabobs.  I'm rolling through Easytown this year because I missed my annual Summer of Halloween. If you're wondering what the heck is "Summer of Halloween"? It is the most wonderful time of the year for this gal who plans Halloween dishes all year. When everyone else is basking in the summer heat and splashing around in pools, I'm up to my eyeballs in Halloween projects, decorating and cooking up fun Halloween dishes. Unfortunately, a health issue kept me from my annual frenzy, but I'm all better now and back in the kitchen scrambling to get a few of my summer Halloween ideas together to share. 🎃 So, I'm picking ones that are quick and easy to put together and what could be simpler than fruit and veggie kabobs? 
Haha! Don't be a smart Alec....I heard you say, "a fruit and veggie tray!" 
Yes, a fruit and veggie tray would be simpler, but this platter is much more beautiful and way more fun to eat! Plus this yumminess comes with dipping sauces! The basic fruit tray doesn't come with dipping sauce... Imagine taking these beauties to a Halloween potluck!  Impress everyone with your melon balling and knife skills...It'll be so worth the extra effort to thread these onto fun picks.  By the way, if your'e wondering, I got these super cute and festive 5" Orange Skull picks online from Pick On Us.

I used traditional Orange and Black for this platter but feel free to use any color combination that screams Halloween to you.  Do all fruit kabobs, or all veggies, the choice is yours.  Happy Halloween!

Easy Halloween Kabobs


Black Fruits (Grapes, Blackberries, Figs)
White Fruit (Dragon fruit,Jicama, Guava, Lychee, Mangosteen)
Orange Fruit (Cantaloupe, Mango, Persimmon, Mandarin Orange) 

Black Olives
1 container Fresh Mozzarella balls (substitute with your favorite soft/semi-soft cheese, cubed)
1 container Orange Cherry Tomatoes

Mango Dipping Sauce
1 mango, peeled and pureed in a food processor.

Balsamic Glaze
1 cup balsamic vinegar, reduced to 1/3 cup
honey (to taste)

Over medium heat, reduce the balsamic vinegar to about 1/3 cup. Cool and add honey to taste.

5" orange skull picks from Pick On Us

Cut up desired fruits and thread onto picks or small skewers and serve with mango dipping sauce. Thread desired cheese, olives and tomatoes onto picks or small skewers and serve with balsamic glaze dipping sauce. 
Easy breezy! Enjoy!

Other Halloween recipes to try:
Abracadabra Platter (Purple Crudite and Cheese Tray)
Antipasto de los Muertos
Bloody Eyeball Bruschetta

No comments:

Post a Comment