Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Crockpot Pork Verde


Here is one of my all-time favorite crockpot recipes. It's super easy with only 3 ingredients and it's super delicious. I make this at least once a month, no matter what the season because it's so versatile. I usually serve it over rice but I've made Pork Verde Enchiladas, Tostadas, and Chili with it too. (I'll post these recipes in future blogs) The recipe calls for salsa but the finished dish is not spicy and very kid-friendly. My picky kids love this dish. They say, "This is good chicken Mama." To my kids all meat is chicken, even when we have steak my kids will say, "I like the chicken." I don't correct them, it's not worth the risk of them not eating it because it's called something unfamilar. :)
The sour cream added at the end really mellows any heat from the added salsa and makes the yummy sour cream sauce. I like it best with rice because you can put extra sour cream sauce over the rice and just eat that. Hope you enjoy it! 
 
Crockpot Pork Verde
Serves 6
  • 2-3 lbs pork roast (I use any type of pork roast except tenderloin)
  • 16 oz. bottle of salsa verde (mild or medium) 
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
Place pork roast in Crockpot. (You can put it in frozen right from the freezer, but add a little extra cooking time if frozen), pour bottle of salsa verde over roast. Cook on High for 4-6 hrs or Low for 6-8 hrs. Shred pork with forks in crockpot. Turn off crockpot and add sour cream and mix together. Serve over rice.

 Super simple and delicious.



No comments:

Post a Comment