Friday, January 11, 2013

New Year, New Blog



Happy New Year and welcome to my new blog. This is one of my favorite times of year because I get to make a new list of all the things I want to accomplish in the coming year. Creating this blog was one of the big items on my list. I love to cook and write and with the urging and help of my husband, today I can take one item off my list. I’m excited already as I look ahead to all the fun creative things I can share.

I stopped making resolutions years ago when I realized that my resolutions seemed to be focused around changing something about myself rather than focused on the things I liked about myself. So, maybe it’s just semantics, but I don’t make resolutions, I make a “To Do” list each year which represents who I am, not who I'd rather be. My list serves as a reminder that I must take an active part in my life and happiness. 

So in order to give you an idea of who I am and what activities my life will embrace this year, here is a partial list of my “To Do’s for 2013”.  (These are in no order of importance, they are all important to me.)

1.   Create a cooking and/or creative ideas blog.(check this one off the list)

2.   Plant a vegetable and herb garden with the boys. (exploit my in-house child labor)

3.   Learn how to can tomatoes and make our own sauce. (Here’s one for the blog!)

4.   Consolidate best recipes and make a cookbook for the boys. (Have them draw pictures to include…this is going to be so cute, makes me tear up to think about it.)

5.   Take a Logic or Philosophy class (Yes, I’m a total nerd! I admit it freely!)

6.   Continue with Hiking Club and going to the gym each week. (It’s just required…I need to exercise my body along with my mind. I’m a stressed out monster if I don’t exercise. Very Important.)

7.   Write Often and Read Lots!! (This is my favorite one, I read at the gym…makes the workout fly by.)

8.   Continue to host my Dinner Club monthly. (Entertaining on a budget…I’ll share how this awesome group came to be and how it works! I love my way cool friends!)

9.   Scrapbooking with Julie as often as humanly possible. (My best friend lives 35 miles away, so we don’t get to see each other as often as we’d like so we set up a day and scrapbook all day and talk and eat and drink wine.)

10.                Do a Mud Run with Jose this year. (I did my first one last year and have challenged my husband to take one on with me this year!)

11.                Continue with Book Club and Deep Thinkers Club. (More of my nerdy stuff…this allows me to get out of the house and talk with adults about books and intellectual stuff for a little while)

Well that’s just a little snap shot of my upcoming year, I have lots to do and I’m sure I will add to this list throughout the year. I’m excited and motivated and hope you will be too.

My closing thoughts for today are this: Do what you set out to do and know Thyself!

It’s going to be a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment