Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Valentine Projects


I know what you're thinking..."She obviously has way too much time on her hands!" Right?  Well, I have two boys under the age of 7 and they keep me hopping, but when I'm inspired I'll sacrifice sleep for the creative good. I find a bit of time here and there while cooking or after dinner but mostly, I stay up late and get up early to work on projects. Oh and I can't forget to mention, my incredibly supportive husband keeps our boys busy on weekends when he sees that I'm in my creative head space and allows some much needed, and mostly unknown, 'uninterrupted time'. Best husband ever! xo

So I made these Valentine Tree bookmarks for my kids' teachers and teacher's aides for Valentine's Day this year. This Valentine tree design adds to my 'Tree for all Seasons' bookmarks which I blogged last month. If you're interested and want to see a 'how to' you can go to my Paint chip Bookmark Project under the Projects label.


My 'Tree' bookmarks were originally inspired from a simple paint chip bookmark I saw on Pinterest from oldtownhome.com. But I wanted to also make the simpler version for my boy's classes for Valentines Day. So, I made a variation of the oldtownhome.com bookmarks for my second grader's class where I framed the paint chips in white card stock paper and rounded all the corners. I didn't think the boys would appreciate the pink with hearts bookmarks, so I also made blue with stars for the boys.


As if I don't need any sleep at all...last weekend, I was surfing Pinterest and I saw these Heart-shaped Crayon Valentines. They were just too cute to ignore and they demanded to be made for my kindergartner's class. Didn't they turn out adorable?

I got the basic 'how to' instructions via Pinterest from the blog http://grinandbakeit.com/valentines-crayon-hearts-craft. Enjoy!


Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Mat and I made star crayons like this over the summer. Its such a neat idea, esp. when you have tons of small broken crayons.

    ReplyDelete