Saturday, February 9, 2013

Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies



It just wouldn't be Valentine's Day without chocolate. I love chocolate...who doesn't, right? When I get a craving for chocolate, I want it right away. These cake mix cookies are a super fast and easy way to satisfy your chocolate craving and a way to show your love (via chocolate, of course) on Valentine's Day. Make them for friends, neighbors, co-workers or your honey and they will sure to be a hit. They're soft, light and super delicious.

I first discovered these cookies in 2011, in a Taste of Home Christmas Cookie magazine. They were called Lemon Snowflakes and made with lemon cake mix. I made them for our annual Cookie Exchange that year and my husband and kids loved them. They were so disappointed that I gave them away at the exchange, that I ended up making more just for them.

Basically, you can make these with any flavor cake mix as long as there is pudding in the mix. Think of the options: strawberry, spice cake, yellow, confetti, lemon, chocolate or any other flavor you can dream up. In fact, when I see cake mix on sale, I buy a few boxes to have on hand, just to make these cookies. I also keep a tub of Cool Whip in the freezer for the occasion.

I hope you try these yummy cookies and have a lovely Valentine's Day!

Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
(slightly adapted from Taste of Home, Lemon Snowflakes recipe)
Makes 5 dozen

  • 1 box chocolate cake mix with pudding
  • 1- 8oz. container of whipped topping (Cool Whip)
  • 1 egg
  • powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine cake mix, egg and whipped topping until blended. Batter will be very sticky. Using a small cookie scoop, drop small scoopfuls into powdered sugar; roll to coat with sugar and place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes, or until tops are cracked. Cool on wire racks and eat.


2 comments:

  1. Those look delicious! Ive made cake cookies before, but never tried them with the pudding and cool whip! Ill defidently try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anjie. They have a cool texture, light, soft and moist all at the same time. Using Lemon Cake Mix is excellent too. :)

    ReplyDelete