Monday, November 24, 2014

Fall Decorating 2014


I started a seasonal job today and I'll be working six days a week, 7+ hours a day, so I've been frantically trying to finish this blog. Eek! I actually ran out of time this year. With the PTA keeping me out of my kitchen/home and working me more hours than when I actually got paid to work...now, I have a full time job for the next four weeks. So naturally, I'm not going to be able to blog much. I'll be getting home at sunset and won't have time to cook let alone have daylight to take photos. A. Complete. Bummer. :(  
No blogging? Bad. Having a job, that pays? Good! 
Anyway, here's a little peek at my house this fall. I didn't finish all the decorating I wanted this year so you'll see some of those ideas next year. Take a look around and enjoy! :) I'll be back from my blogging hiatus in Mid-December.

 Fall Leaves Artwork

I had a date set with my best friend, Julie to scrapbook two weeks ago and I was frantic because I had no idea what I was going to scrap. Julie lives nearly 35 miles away so I usually pack up my supplies with a particular project in mind. Since I was two years behind on scrapbooking my boys' photos and I was hard pressed to find a current picture of my boys...I was desperate to make something. So instead of scrapbooking my kids, I ended up making this Fall inspired artwork. 


A few years ago I picked up some Martha Stewart die cut leaves on clearance and some clearance paper. I made both of these for less than a dollar! Confession...I spent a little more on the frames however, and I think they turned out great! Don't you? I may just leave them up all year!

Entry
Simple welcome sign and pumpkins frame my door. A wreath from last year and a small bucket of fall foliage hang on the wall. Simple and lovely.  

 


Buffet
This year I keep the ceramic pumpkin collection in storage and instead opted for real pumpkins inside and out. Here's a peek at my dining room. :)





Sideboard
These brown and orange candles were the inspiration for this arrangement. I picked up these candles on clearance for about a $1.50 each over the summer at Kohl's. Regularly priced at 6.99 each. Such a steal!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Other Decorating Ideas:
Fall Decorating 2013
Halloween Decorating 2014
Halloween Decorating 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment