Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Hungarian Meatball Kabobs

The school year is over and summer is finally here!  I've spent the last few days just getting organized around my cluttered house. Tossing out my kid's old schoolwork, worn school clothes and trying to wrap up PTA stuff so I can finally focus on cooking, blogging and relaxing and just all around doing whatever comes up with my kiddos. Ahhh...summertime!
I'm also super anxious to get started on all my Halloween recipes for my annual Summer of Halloween. As you know, I spend all summer blogging new Halloween food and projects so you'll see a lot of those scattered about this summer. You'll also see non-halloween recipes as well. Like these mouthwatering Hungarian Meatballs.  These savory meatballs are tender and loaded with flavor from cumin and coriander and then threaded on skewers and served with a sweet and creamy red pepper paprikosh sauce. They are simply heavenly.
Truth be told, I made these months ago and I'm just now getting to blogging them. I've had a bit of writers block that has been very frustrating at times, but bare with me as I get back into the groove of cooking, taking pics and writing again. I have some really awesome Halloween ideas coming your way and a ton of appetizing new summer and fall dishes to share with you. Enjoy!



Hungarian Meatball Kabobs

(slightly adapted recipe from Cuisine at Home)

1 1/2 lb. ground beef
3/4 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup parsley
2 t. garlic powder
1 t. salt
1 t. coriander
1 t. cumin
1/4 t. red pepper flakes
1/4 t. pepper
1/3 cup cream (or milk)
2 eggs

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and use a medium cookie scoop to make about 2 1/2 dozen meatballs. Pan fry in batches if desired, or place on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes. Thread three meatballs on skewers and serve with Paprikosh Sauce over couscous and peas.

Paprikosh Sauce
1 T olive oil
2 cups red bell peppers
1 cup onion, diced
2 T. Hungarian Sweet paprika
1 T. fresh garlic, minced
1/2 cup white wine
2 cup chicken broth
1 cup tomatoes, diced
salt and pepper
1/2 cup sour cream

Saute onions and peppers in olive oil until onions are translucent, ~5-8 minutes. Add paprika and garlic, heat until garlic is fragrant  ~2 minute.  Add white wine and deglaze pan. Heat until wine is reduced by half. Add chicken broth and tomatoes and simmer until peppers are soft and sauce thickens. ~ 20 minutes. Turn off heat and add sour cream. Salt and pepper to taste and serve with meatballs. 

Serve with Couscous and Peas


More meatball recipes to try:
Lamb Kabobs with Yogurt Garlic Sauce
Albondigas with Chimichurri Pesto
Salisbury Meatballs
Greek Meatballs

No comments:

Post a Comment