Friday, November 25, 2016

Fall Decorating 2016

I love to decorate for the holidays, but decorating can get expensive. I love to get inspired by pins on Pinterest or beautiful photos in magazines and then try to find ways to decorate on a dime. I love to shop at thrift stores, garage sales and dollar stores to hunt for decorating treasures. I don't mind being on a budget because it's so much fun to find items here and there and be able to transform these seemingly unrelated items into something that looks like it was planned out from the beginning.
So much like last year's tablescapes, this year's place settings were purchased at The 99cents Only Store. The total cost of decorating was $22. 

It started with these turquoise soup bowls. The trick to shopping at The 99 is to go there often. They get fun unique items all the time but they sell quickly. By the time I saw these beauties, there were only 6 remaining...so I snatched them up. I wasn't sure what I'd do with them, but I just had to have them. (Cost $6) 

A few months later, they had these gorgeous turquoise plates.(Cost $6) I wasn't even sure the plates would match the soup bowls but when got home and put them together, they were a perfect match! Yay!
I pulled out the dark brown woven chargers, I purchased from The 99 last year and that's when my color scheme took shape.

And then two months ago, I found these super cute resin owls ($6) at The 99 and knew they would be a part of my fall table because they echoed the bronze of the chargers. Super cute!
Add in my existing wine glasses, napkins, silverware, grapevine and ceramic pumpkins, candles, and floral accents...and voila! Fall table on a budget! Only $22.
These two little blue birds ($2) and the oval platter ($2) were also from The 99.  These bronze ceramic pumpkins were from Tuesday Morning from my years of collecting ceramic pumpkins and I purchased the shapely vase 10+ years ago from Southern Living. :)

Below, I added some berries to this rustic blue box for a simple fall floral arrangement. 


Odds and Ends...
I used a bunch of my old silk flowers and pumpkins to make this arrangement for my entryway. And I re-purposed some foam fruit and pumpkins, that used be a part of a cornucopia centerpiece, to make this fall inspired Thanksgiving tree. I think I'll keep it up in my kitchen for Christmas. :)
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

More Decorating Ideas:

Fall Decorating 2013
Fall Decorating 2014
Fall Decorating 2015

 Southern California fall leaves...

No comments:

Post a Comment