Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Scallops Piccata with Lemon Jam

Happy January everyone! I'm sorry to say I have done very little blogging since December. Once my kids went back to school, I had that horrible flu for a few weeks. Totally sucked! But I'm back to health and I have a lot of plans for this year. One of the biggest plans is our kitchen remodel. I'm so excited to get a new kitchen! The downside is that I'm won't be able to blog too much during construction. However, I'm hard at work coming up with some interesting recipes to make without a kitchen, like creative crockpot meals and grilling. Mainly out of necessity so I don't have to buy fast food every night. It'll be challenging to prepare food without all my usual equipment or a kitchen sink. I also have some fun Halloween ideas in the works that I'll post in the next few days. I know you're probably thinking...Halloween? Already? The short answer is, Yes!  It's always time for fun Halloween food.
In the meantime, here is a simple and delicious main dish of sweet Scallops Piccata made with Meyer Lemon Jam. Enjoy!
 

Scallops Piccata with Meyer Lemon Jam

Serves 2-4

1 package angel hair pasta
extra virgin olive oil
parsley, chopped
2 cups chicken broth
1 clove garlic, finely grated
1/2 cup white wine
2 T Meyer Lemon Jam
2-3 T capers
1 T butter
salt and pepper
12 oz. jumbo scallops
1 T clarified butter
parsley, chopped
Meyer lemon wedges

Cook pasta according to package directions and toss with olive oil and parsley and set aside.
In a large skillet, add chicken broth and reduce to one cup. Add garlic, wine and lemon jam and bring to a simmer and heat for 5 minutes. Add capers and finish with a pat of butter. Taste and add salt and pepper if needed. Keep warm over low heat as you prepare the scallops.

Dry scallops with a paper towel and salt and pepper both sides. 

In a large skillet, heat clarified butter until melted and beginning to shimmer.  Add scallops and cook for two minutes on each side. Serve immediately with angel hair pasta and spoon over sauce and garnish with parsley and lemon wedges. 
 Other recipes to try:

Shrimp and Andouille Sausage with Cheesy Grits
Miso Cod with Tangerine Butter
Easy Tuna Ceviche in Avocado Cups

No comments:

Post a Comment